The rain today has definitely refreshed my brain! It reminded me I needed to make an update to the blog.
I've got several things to share and lots of pictures, so bare with me!
We decided to take a boat trip with Uncle Johnny. It was a little cooler than we had anticipated but we still had fun. Grace was a brave girl and rode the inner tube with her daddy. It was her first time and she did great!
My sweet little nephew finally decided to join us! Zachary Lee Grammer was born on May 19, 2011. He was 6lbs 10.4oz and 19 in long. He is growing just fine and is a sweet little thing.
Mom and Aunt Debbie were in Yazoo City for a funeral and decided to meet up with us afterwards. We shopped at Target for a while (Jake hid) and when Grace asked to go home with her Nanny, Nanny said yes. What to do with a few days to ourselves??? New Orleans it is!
We stayed at the Creole Gardens Bed & Breakfast. It was a very colorful, fun place not too far from all kinds of things to do.
Top left: A party bus filled with screaming young girls...bumping with music, I might add. Bottom left: Poet for Hire, this was my poet. There were four guys sitting in a row with old school typewriters...they were very popular. Right: Cat's Meow and one of the dozens of bridal parties we encountered.
Evening shots of cathedral before our carriage tour. Jake being Jake. "Big Poppa"
My poem...yay! This was on the menu at the Sonic we stopped at on the way home (still in LA). The girls at the Sonic in Clinton got a kick out of it.
Pop called one night to ask for Jake's help. Something kept meowing and Pop couldn't get to where it was coming from. Jake returned with a tiny fuzzball. He is the newest member of our little family. Meet Fisher (he was hanging out near Uncle Johnny's boat)
This is a shot of one of my favorite places to make a Sunday drive...
Grace and I made a near week long visit to C-land to do some visitin'! We spent a good bit of time at The Sweetery hanging out with Lauren and her crew. It was a lot of fun and I can't wait to do it again! There was a baby shower for little Zach Sunday and we brought Nate back to Cleveland so he could come back to Bolton with us for a few days. We had a blast!
And last but certainly not least...yesterday was Grace's 5th birthday! I cannot believe she is 5 already! Since her daddy isn't home from work yet, her big present hasn't made it here yet. But, she had fun opening some presents right after she woke up. Later Pop brought some cupcakes and cards to the birthday girl. Grace requested "hoobatchi" for her birthday dinner, so I took her to Stix last night. She enjoyed her meal and all the birthday wishes.
She got to pick out lots of colors for her birthday nails.
I hope that your summer is fun, fun, fun! I also hope that you are staying cool.


















0 comments:
Post a Comment