Sunday, February 6, 2011

Weekend fun...

Due to severe weather, our weekend began Thursday after lunch! I already posted about taking things apart for the motherboards, but we found something else to take apart after that post...a 13" KTV television my mother bought FOREVER ago (the sticker in the t.v. said 1988). She said she probably bought it from Alco. 


ACK! What a mess!



The 2 motherboards from inside...a large and a small!



Lots of dust can gather in 23 years!



Here is a comparision of the bottom sides of old & new motherboard styles. The old t.v. is on the left and the newer receiver is on the right.


Friday afternoon, before our weekend guests arrived, we went to The Home Depot to acquire some more pieces for my side of the shop. I am so excited that my space is finally together!

Check out my new cabinets and coutertop! I put up some pieces of inspiration to keep me properly motivated! Courtesy of the Crafty Chica and Gracey!

Lauren and Brian came to stay the weekend and we had lots of fun. I think the highlight of the weekend was the crab boil last night. Uncle Johnny and Pop came down to join us for the fun! Lauren and I were supposed to be making a cake for fun but we had a bit of a cake opps so it turned into cake truffles instead. Still yummy!





Our professional boilers/grillers hard at work...






Everyone enjoying the grub! See that orange bowl on the table? Brian worked his fingers to the bone filling it with crab meat...only to NOT eat it! He said by the time he filled the bowl, he wasn't hungry anymore. Lauren took it home and is planning to make crab/potato soup with it.


As the Davis' were departing, Jake was putting up my hammock. Too bad L & B didn't stick around for the funny that followed. The first time Jake got it tied to the tree it was too low and I was sitting on the ground. The second time he didn't get the ropes tight enough and I fell about 3 inches to the ground...which made me laugh so hard I was almost crying. The third time, there was still not enough ground clearance. The fourth and final time, it was just right. Grace and I enjoyed listening to the birds, planes and leaves. Grace decided she wanted to work the hammock all by herself...

There was a lot of screaming at the hammock at first, but then Grace finally got the hang of getting in/on it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment