It's been a wily two months since I've posted!
School started back for both me and Grace. In order to help improve our improving test scores, our school district has implemented A LOT of changes. It has been an adjustment for sure, but I think we may be starting to get used to all the new things.
Grace is in Kindergarten this year and she is LOVING it!
Her wonderful teachers are Mrs. Johnston & Mrs. Smith.
Her teacher has a blog where you can check in on their progress: Mrs. Johnston's Kindergarten Class.
A few weeks ago, Jake found a caterpillar in our garden and thought Grace's class would like to see it so he paid them a visit. You can see all the pictures of his visit by clicking on the link to their class blog.
I cannot believe we have been in school for almost 7 weeks now! Where has the time gone? We have some fun things planned for the upcoming fall season. I just can't wait for that wonderful, dreamy fall weather. Fall weather is my favorite!
Here are some pictures of the things we have been up to in the past 2 months:
Grace goes to Kindergarten!
Grace has taken to taking whatever paper she can find and drawing all kinds of things. In the pictures above she drew some hooting owls. Below she wrote all her ABC'S!
Grace during Art class one Friday!
A couple of weekends ago, Nate and Michael came for a short visit. We took the kids to GattiTown and they had a blast (so did the adults)! We came home and built a big bonfire to roast hotdogs & marshmellows.
Michael, Grace & Nate on the Bumper Cars.
Grace & Nate on the 3-D "ride". They shook, rocked & rolled...and loved every minute of it!
I took Grace to see The Lion King in 3-D. It was a bit sentimental for me. Something made me smile that usually drives me crazy. There were kids saying the lines and singing lyrics along with the movie. The greatest thing was to hear all the cheering and clapping at the end. I remember going to see it in the theater when it opened over a decade ago. I know that Disney isn't always everything we sometimes expect it be, but sometimes they get it oh so right. I sometimes wonder what Mr. Walt Disney would think of how far and wide his dreams have spread. He left home with a suitcase, $20 and a dream...
Speaking of dreams...
Grace has started talking about what she dreams and it has been quite interesting. I still watch her when she sleeps. I assume that kind of thing never stops until the kids leave the house! I wonder what she was dreaming last night...







0 comments:
Post a Comment