Thursday, December 8, 2011

Goings on...

Time to catch up! 

Since hunting is here, Jake wanted to make sure his hunting buddy's gear still fit correctly. I think she looks ready to get some "deers"!


Not too long after the above picture was taken, my poor little Gracey Goo had a small sick spell. We had the front door open to watch the cats and see if any birds would come to the feeders and well...someone was enjoying the incoming sunshine and fell asleep.


Luckily, Jake made it home from work in time to celebrate Thanksgiving with us! We traveled to Cleveland to have dinner at my grandmother's house. We went a little before and stayed a little after. What you see below is what happens when my hubby and my mother get in the same room together.  Things are said, comments are made and it ends with someone being chased around the table...




I can't remember who won. 

One of the things I love about going to my grandparents house is the house itself. It's such a cute place with interesting things. I actually took the time this visit to photograph a few things.
They're just parts of the house that remain as is from who knows when and it reminds of being a kid again and going to visit my grandparents. 




We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and visited with lots of family. We even had some of the Bolton crew join us. 

While at moma's, Jake and both enjoyed playing with Baby Zack. He is such a little cutie and he LOVES to bounce, bounce, bounce! Jake was holding Zack when Grace turned on her Nano Bugs. The noise caught Zach's attention and he watched them go 'round and 'round for a long while. 


When we returned home Sunday, we decided to go ahead and put up the Christmas tree. This is the first time all three of us have decorated together. It was quite a special afternoon/evening. Jake made hot chocolate for all us and I tuned up my Christmas music. There was a little bit of wrestling around with the tree and it's base, but eventually we figured it out. I fluffed the branches and strung the lights. Grace helped put on the ornaments. And Jake crowned the tree with our shining star. We have since added candy canes to the tree but they don't stay around too long! 





Grace decided she needed to take pictures too. 



Because of the holidays, November and December are times when we are especially thankful for things we have or don't have, in some cases. I am thankful for all the blessings God has given me from my family, friends and health to my job, home, and talents. And, I am thankful to be able to share a little bit of my little life with you. 















0 comments:

Post a Comment