I know, I know. It's been way too long since I updated! I'm sorry, life kinda happened and we got a little tangled up in it.
Let me see if I can think of everything that has happened since my last post...which I see is almost a year ago!
For one, I got a new job! I am now teaching art to 9th graders. Can you imagine it? Neither did I, but I love it! Not only did I move grade levels, I also moved a new school in a new district. It was a little stressful with all the new and unknown, but also very exciting. It's been pretty awesome. I work with an amazing group of people. The change in jobs for me meant a change in schools for Gracey. She has been doing okay with the change. We worried about her not knowing a single soul, but she's adapted. She has friends and best friends...there is even a little boy she thinks is the bee's knees. Don't tell her father!
The week I interviewed (and found I got the job), I got a phone from my daddy saying that my stepmother, Cindy, had passed away in her sleep. Even though she had major health issues, it was still a shock. Jake was home and we all headed north for the funeral. We met part of our extended family for the first time and got to see family we haven't seen in a long while. Even though I know that daddy will always miss Cindy and part of him will never heal, he is doing well.
This past summer, we took Gracey to Disney World to celebrate her 6th birthday. It was hot, the lines were long, it was crowded, but it was FANTASTIC! Jake has never really been a big Disney person, but I caught him have a good time more than once.
I received an exciting e-mail shortly after school started informing me that I was the recipient of the MAEA 2012 Outstanding Elementary Art Educator of the Year award!!! Wow, I cannot tell you how excited I still am about this honor.
We had our annual peanut boil in the fall and we had a record number of people this year! We even had some folk haul their little gang all the way from Spring, Texas! We rented a bouncy for the kiddos this year and let me tell you...best.thing.ever!
We just had Spring Break and that brought joy and pain...literally. Jake was home for the first half and we took a long weekend trip to New Orleans with the bunch from Spring, Texas. We had a blast. I wish we could have stayed a couple more days. The day Jake went back to work, I ended up in the ER. with what I thought might be my back again. I later thought it might be my appendix but it turned out to be gall stones. I had out patient surgery that Friday to remove my gall bladder. Yay fun, right? Ha. I'm two weeks out and doing pretty well. I still cannot lift anything over 10 lbs. for 4 more weeks and I am not sure what I can and can't eat but it could be worse, so I am thankful!
I am sure I forgot a ton of things, but those are the major things I could remember at this time of night. I will have picture posts up soon to make up for lost time!
One last thing...I have become a Whovian!
0 comments:
Post a Comment