Sunday, March 28, 2010

Favorite Old Movies

This weekend, I saw several "old" movies. Old being from the 80's. I thought I would take a minute and list of few of my very favorites...like if I was stuck on a previously (I say previously because if I am on the island it's not deserted any longer) deserted island what movies could I watch for the rest of my life kind of senario.
This may turn out to be longer than I intended.
Star Wars-Smokey and The Bandit-The Princess Bride-The Goonies-Pretty in Pink-The Breakfast Club-Clash of the Titans-The Evil Dead-Fast Times at Ridgemont High-Grease-Back to the Future-The Dark Crystal-A Christmas Story-Footloose-The Neverending Story-Real Genius-The Karate Kid-Indiana Jones-Ghostbusters-A Chorus Line-Clue-Rocky Horror Picture Show-Labyrinth-Spaceballs-Willow-Beetle Juice-Heathers
Okay, wow should that stranded senario happen...I think I would be set.
Looking over the lists online, I realized that I have seen a lot of movies in my 30-someodd years. I used to love horror movies, but it's hard to watch a horror movie when you have no one to watch it with you (Jake doesn't like them). Moma is my scary movie buddy when I visit. I have somewhat of a funny story about a scary movie. When I was about 6 or 7 years old, I could see the living room television from my bedroom. I had to angle myself just right in the doorway so I couldn't be seen. I wanted to stay up and watch a movie (My Bloody Valentine) and my mother rightly said no and sent me to bed. Being the curious child that I was, I snuck into position and watched most of it anyway. It scared the heebee jeebees out of me. My mother later (much later) told that she knew I was there but decided to let me learn my lesson. To this day, I have not watched that particular movie ever again...and I definately did not go see the remake last year.

Maybe later I will list my favorites from the 90's. I like lists...

0 comments:

Post a Comment