Friday, March 19, 2010

Our Little Big Girl

In just a matter of months, Grace will be 4...4? Really? Already? I can't believe it sometimes. This week, we got the "official" acceptance letter for Grace to be a part of the Pre K program where I work. Even though we were pretty certain about her spot, it was nice to have it on paper. I began immediately gathering the needed information for registration. There was some question and discussion on the location of one important document. After an utter defeat by Jake's safe and save by Uncle Johnny, I was disappointed to discover the document was not in the safe after all. There was only one other place it could be. And that turned out to be quite an adventure this afternoon. Grace and I rushed home to make sure we could get to our destination in a timely manner. After scurrying and searching for a set of keys when we arrived home (since I forgot to get them before I left for work this morning), I drove us in to the heart of Bolton...only to find out...not the right keys. (This is the part where I literally smacked my palm on my forehead.) A quick trip home, back to the booming city of Bolton and the document was safely procurred.
I am so excited for Grace to be at "big" school next year, but am I ready? *sigh* She is already more than I could have hoped my child to be and I am so proud to be her mommy. Most of the time anyway...ha. Even though she can be difficult, defiant, and stubbornly independent she is absolutely the most wonderful gift God could have given me. She makes up stories and songs. She is a very good "mommy" to her kitties and babies. She laughs at funny things on tv. She loves to cuddle and snuggle. And you can't get one over on her...don't even try.
Tonight Grace and I went to see Alice in Wonderland. It wasn't as scary as the previews make it out to be and she liked it. The funny thing is when the Mad Hatter had been on the screen for a couple of minutes, she turned to me and whispered (yes, she knows to whisper in the theater :) ), "Mommy, he's a little crazy." I laughed out loud. I love my little monster!

1 comments:

The G. said...

Aww! I love that! "Mommy, he's a little crazy." I can hear her now.

Post a Comment