This past weekend, my best bud Lauren and her most awesome fiance Brian came for a visit. Since Lauren is a huge fan of Rusty's Riverfront Grill we met up there Friday evening. Even though the fried green tomatoes are MY FAVORITE thing on the menu, I was good and ordered grilled chicken (it paid off at weigh in!). Here's a tip for you: when leaving a restaurant with two pranksters...always check your purse for stray bread, butter, sour cream, or any other loose item left on the table. We when arrived back at our place Lauren, Grace and I hung out in the house while Jake showed Brian around "the amory" and "the communications building"...I keep telling Jake it would be funnier to call the building with all the radios in it the "radio shack". He just doesn't think it's as funny as I do. Oh well! We all stayed up later than usual, but it was so much fun visiting.
Despite staying up late, Grace was up early...therefore, so were we. I made my breakfast casserole (see recipe below-super easy) and then the girls and boys parted ways for a day of adventures. Jake and Brian headed out to "the place" to do some shooting then to Bass Pro Shop in Pearl to meet up with some HAMS for a fox hunt. No, not a real fox hunt...you use your radio equipment to find a "hidden" (a.k.a. the fox) transmitter. It's kind of like playing hide and seek in a vehicle with a radio. Lauren, Grace and I hit up several places before making Lauren's 2:30 wedding dress appointment at David's Bridal. The first stop awas a little pampering at Five Star Nail & Spa in Clinton. Then we had a quick and healthy lunch at Subway. After lunch, we headed to North Park Mall in search of Lauren's "lip crack"...with no luck. We efficiently wasted time with a little shopping and some Dippin' Dots. Lauren's mom, sister and friend met us at David's for the dress appointment. Lauren found a beautiful dress and we were able to show her mom what the bridesmaids dresses would look like.
We finally met up with the boys at Takara Steakhouse in Clinton for some YUMMY hibatchi. We stopped off and rented a few movies...The Hangover (it was my 3rd time to see it...and it gets funnier every time), Zombieland and Cirque de Freak's The Vampire's Assistant. I think the last one is based on a book/books. I will have to look into that. I could have done without some of the gore in Zombieland but I loved it!
Sunday was church, lunch at Margaritas and some shooting fun in the side yard. It was a beautiful but windy day. Note to self: next time you go out in the yard, put on real shoes...thistle can make a sneak attack through Crocs. Done.
I really enjoyed seeing my BFF and her man. We always have fun together!
Breakfast Casserole
1 lb. sausage
1 8oz. package cream cheese
1 can cresent rolls (Pillsbury makes cresent roll sheets that make this easier)
Directions:
- Spray your baking dish with non-stick spray. (I have used several different sizes. The bigger the pan, the thinner the casserole.)
- Preheat oven according to the directions on the cresent roll package.
- Brown sausage.
- Drain sausage.
- Add cream cheese to sauage.
- Line bottom of pan with a layer of cresent roll.
- Spoon sausage/cream cheese mixture over cresent roll and spread evenly.
- Cover with remaining cresent roll.
- Bake according to time on package of cresent rolls. (It usually takes 10-15 minutes.)
- Eat and enjoy!!!
1 comments:
I sure do love you!
Post a Comment