Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Vacation...

Whew, it has been a busy two weeks. Just one more day and it's back to the grind! We have had a great time this year over the Christmas break. Let's see...Paw came to visit for a few days and got himself some deer, Aunt Kathy, Uncle Mop, Aunt Connie, Gigi and Aunty C stopped by to see the little Miss Gracey (but not all once though). We traveled to C-land to visit our favorite Delta folks. And finally we had a visit from the Farris family. Oh, we can't forget...Uncle Johnny and Pop have been daily regulars here at the Little Lancaster Place as well. 

New Years Eve was pretty low-key. Mid afternoon we (me, Grace, Jake and Uncle Johnny) and decided to do a little storm chasing. Don't worry...we were safe. It was neat to watch the clouds and rain as they moved. Grace spent NYE night with her Pop and Uncle Johnny while Jake and I went to see Tron Legacy (awesome!!!). The first day of the new year has been even more low-key. I did cook greens, blackeyed peas and Mexican cornbread to get the year started on a good note! Uncle Johnny called just as Grace was about to get a bath and asked if we were ready to do fireworks...the rain last night prevented us from booming in the New Year so we made up for it tonight!

I hope you are ready for pictures, because I have quite a few! I did put them in collages so it would cut down on having 1,235,263 pictures in this entry! Haha!  


Trading presents with Pop and Uncle Johnny. Grace so excited about everything...her LSU chair, her headlight and her Legos! Even Jane dog came to celebrate with us...that picture makes her look small!


Christmas morning! Grace had to take some towels to dry off her big Sants gift...he called to tell us that he left something outside-too big to fit through the door! The tent and tube (thanks Nanny!) were a big hit with all the kids when the Farris gang arrived! I just realized I don't have any pictures of my sweet hubby with his gifts...for shame!


Here is our little starlet, Mel-O-dy being a guest baker at The Sweetery! She did a great job and the cupcakes were yummy...I am not sure what they decided to name them. They were chocolate with mini-chips and pecans inside with chocolate icing with mini-chips and pretzel sticks on top. (I had one before the pretzel sticks-long story).


More of Mel and her yummy cupcakes. And a happy Brian...I love that you can call his name and just poses!


While waiting on the Farris gang to arrive, Grace wanted to shoot her gun. This was the first time! This is the gun that her Uncle Johnny bought her the day she was born...he was waiting on the call to see if he needed to get a blue or pink one! She watched her daddy carefully and followed all the directions and rules. Her poor little arms are still a bit short for her to use it on her own, but she had a good time.


Here are the three pictures I took from the Farris visit...Kellye has all the rest. There is no telling how many she took (and I took when I hijacked her camera)! Grace and Luke were outside playing and brought a cooler inside then thought it would be funny to play in the cooler. The kids loved all the fun stuff at Mellow Mushroom.


Grace didn't stick around outside too long for the fireworks...she doesn't like the noise.



I hope that you had a great holiday break and that 2011 is good to you! <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment