Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Fun with old friends...

This past weekend, Grace and I entertained special visitors...the Farris family and part of the Hughes family. The reason for the visit was that Phil (Farris), Kellye's hubby, was attending Jackson's First Annual Top of the Hops Beerfest...see, Phil is a homebrewer. Another friend and her daughter (Heidi and Allie) drove up to spend the day with me, Grace, Kellye and her children.
After dropping Phil off at the convention center, we took the children to the Natural Science Museum. As we were walking around, Heidi was taking pictures of the children...she was the only one who remembered her camera. She took one of Luke, Allie and Grace sitting on a large frog. As I looked at the children, an overwhelmingly sentimental thought hit me...here we were, us ladies who met as children with our own children, who have become friends. 
The kids on the frog...Summer is missing from the picture.

Of all of my friends, I have known Kellye the longest...over 20 years. My father had moved to West Memphis, Arkansas and married a lady named Belinda who had 2 daughters. The younger daughter Kathy was just year older than me so we became fast friends. When we visited dad, Kathy and I would often hang out with her friends. One of her friends just happened to be Kellye's younger sister. Somehow through a complete act of divine intervention, Kellye and I hit it off and became good friends. I remember going to dad's and the first thing I wanted to do was go see Kellye. Heidi went to school with Kathy and Kellye. So, that's the story. Here are the pictures:
Ooooh....us...old school!

Us...new school!

Here's to lifelong friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment