Wow, lots has happened in March! I realized that I was a little behind on the blog, so I hope you are ready for a monster update!
If you have never seen anyone in a ghillie suit, this is for you:
Jake was trying to hide from the crows...a ghillie suit pretty much makes you look like Swamp Thing.
Speaking of Jake, he had a birthday in March!
Here he is with his birthday chess squares. (He wanted those instead of a cake!)
Pop comes by every so often for a visit and during one of those visits, Grace and I decided to try out the camera on my new Macbook. Grace LOVES to get infront of the webcam and make faces at herself. She gets so tickled that she can't talk.
For the first time, Mrs. Heltzel (our music teacher at school) decided to let the Pre K classes participate in one of the music programs! Grace and her fellow classmates were chihuahua puppies for the program titled, ARF!
This is Grace's teacher, Mrs. Ederington.
This was my favorite doghouse of the three doghouses I made as part of the decorations.
Another school activity...the Relay for Royalty Pageant...two years ago my character, Sandy Sandcastle was crowned the first ever Relay Queen. Last year, I was just a guest and crowned the new Queen, Mathematics Montgomery. Well, this year we were little short on contestants so I decided to participate again. But, not as the sandcastle (that costume was cumbersome to wear). But as Bobbie Ray, the country ventriloquist...
Since we didn't get to Cleveland for a visit during Spring Break, Grace and I made a quick weekend dash there two weekends ago. Grace hung out with Nanny while I helped Lauren create a sweet mural for her shop, The Sweetery Bakeshop. Her grand opening is in just a few days on the 4th of April!
Nanny is pretty OCD about the fact that her dog sheds, so she always vacuums while we are there. Grace thinks the vacuum is a ride...
Unfortunately for you, there is no photographic documentation of the great "paint spill incident." Sad. Long story short, I moved the ladder (without thinking) with a quart of white paint on it and it came CRASHING down on me and the newly painted mural. Once we all stopped laughing, we promptly began to clean up the mess (which is virtually invisible at the shop...my clothes are another story). But, here is my favorite part of the mural (a cotton candy cloud raining gumdrops)...
One afternoon Pop stopped by with a surprise for Grace...turtles! He had been fishing that day and caught a few turtles for Grace to see. She wasn't sure about picking them up herself at first, but soon she made a friend. While we were outside playing with the turtle troop, Uncle Johnny came home from work. He and Jane dog came to see what we were up to.
We're almost at the end of the post, I promise!
This past weekend Grace and I were busy with housework and car maintenance. Part of that included going through the car wash. Grace provided some additional sound effects during the wash which were quite funny.
Happy Spring!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment